The UK Ship Register (UKSR) offers effortless international ship registration, wide ranging integrated services and 24/hour support.
The UK Flag offers world class surveyors and regulation alongside ship registration services as part of the UK Maritime and Coastguard Agency. The Red Ensign is recognised globally for the maintenance of high standards, maritime safety and the welfare of seafarers. UK Ship Register customers receive greater asset assurance and access to the best talent in the industry.
Join a flag that gives you access to unrivalled maritime knowledge and experience, tailored to your commercial requirements. Our customers receive a personalised round-the-clock service, with benefits and fee packages to suit individual requirements. We are at the forefront of the maritime industry and are committed to constantly improving our offer and responding to the needs of the shipping industry.
UK Ship Register Services
Our aim is to provide our customers with the best possible service experience, designed for 24/7/365 shipping around the globe.
- Fully digital ship registration*
- 24/7 Registration support
- International Surveys
- 24/7 Technical support
- E- Certification as standard
- International policy consultation
- Seafarer Training & Certification
- Seafarer Welfare Guidance
- Access to UK Government Maritime Security Team
- International diplomacy support
- International representation at IMO
- Crisis response & support
UK Ship Register Global Performance
UK registered ships are not targeted by Port State Control regimes in the world's major trading areas. You will benefit from:
- Qualship 21 status
- Tokyo MOU list status
- Paris MOU whitelist status
- Compliance with globally recognised standards
UK Ship Register Survey & Inspection
Take advantage of our dedicated team of world-renowned UK Maritime & Coastguard Agency surveyors or the flexibility of being able to delegate to Class.
- Dedicated Team of International UK Maritime & Coastguard Agency Surveyors
- In-house technical advice and support available 24/7 365 days a year
- Alternative Compliance Scheme (ACS)
- Enhanced Authorisation Scheme (EAS)
UK Ship Register Fees and Tax
There is the flexibility of pay as you go or pre-packaged fees, offering predictable business planning for shipping companies, with no hidden annual taxes.
- One of lowest registration fees for an International Register
- Access to highly competitive UK Tonnage Tax scheme
- Average annual commercial fees under £5000
- No Flag Taxes
- Favourable port fees with China
- Access to SmaRT (plus) funding for UK cadet training
UK Ship Register Seafarer Services
We look after seafarer welfare, training and certification so you can benefit from the best talent in the industry, employing seafarers from across the world.
- World Class seafarer training
- Certificates of Competency accepted from 52 other maritime administrations
- World leading seafarer welfare research and advice
- No requirement to employ UK Seafarers